Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Times A Comin

Nine days until Christmas!  Wow, it sure sneaks up on ya! 

I am glad I have my shopping finished so I can take my time wrapping gifts this year.  Not going crazy buying anymore, as I can't afford too.  I love to give gifts, and if I were wealthy, I would go crazy buying for as many people as I could, all year long.

I am thankful to have family and friends to share the holidays with. They are some of  God's greatest gifts!  My parents are still living, and I thank God for them!  My grandchildren bring joy to my heart and light in my life also! 

I am happy when I see a manger scene, and I ponder on the real meaning of Christmas.  Christ's birth should be celebrated in love, and sweet wonder, of that miracle so long ago.


For Unto Us a Child is Born (Isaiah 9: 6).


For unto us a child is born.

Unto us a son is given.

And the government, the government shall be upon his shoulder.

And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor.

The mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.


 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gerard_van_Honthorst_001.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment