Search This Blog

Thursday, September 18, 2014

It Has Been a Long Time

Hi. Well I don't really know where to begin.... My husband and I finally went to Florida for 4 months. Blissful, happy, beautiful time there. His liver disease progressed, and on June 26, 2013 he lost the battle.  I shipped his body back to Missouri, packed our things and pulled a camper full of my belongings back to Mo.  I had a Superman Themed funeral for him, and he is placed in a Catholic cemetery in his home town.  I moved in with family to try and get my barings, while grieving my sweet Johnny, my rock.  My daughter, son in law and 4 yr old grand daughter were the closest to John and I, so we moved in a nice new home and lived together for almost a year.,  During the fall and winter I grieved hard and nearly lost my mind. I was very ill to top it all off.  I considered suicide, but my grand daughter kept me going.  Eventually we had to move in our own homes, we just did not see eye to eye any longer. I moved into a very small apartment.

I met a wonderful African American man who is also my age and disabled. He is so sweet, funny, helpful and loving.  We now live together and help each other. We are very happy! John did not want me to be alone, and begged me to move on if he was to pass away before I did. I know he is happy for me......

On the other hand, certain family members are against my decision. it is a shame that they can't get past the differences.  We are all human beings.  We love each other and love sees no color.


I thought I had lost my passwords to my blog...but I am so thankful I finally remembered them. 

God bless your life.  I will be blogging more often now, and I hope you will share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment